Freelance tech consultant needed
Jun 12, 2016
Nelson Street is small web design studio mainly focusing on nonprofits. We're looking for a freelance, remote technology consultant & developer for a variety of projects.
We're looking for a technology consultant to help with the project discovery process, helping us understand the technical requirements. All our projects start with off-the-shelf CMS (mainly WordPress but also Craft CMS and Drupal). Many projects involve e-commerce or payment processing for donations, memberships, etc., along with one- or two-way sync with CRM systems, via APIs or by creating a script to export a CVS file. Some projects entail custom scripting, such as to extend an existing plugin. The consultant should be able to help conduct discovery discussions with our clients to help uncover requirements & options. The consultant may be involved in the actual development of these solutions if the fit is right.
Ideal candidate has:
- Back-end or full-stack development experience
- Experience with API integrations with systems such as CRMs
- Experience implementing e-commerce and a variety of payment processing options
- Experience with custom scripting to extend CMS or plug-in functionality
- A demonstrated portfolio of work along with references
As mentioned, our most common platform is WordPress; we also love Craft CMS and sometimes work in Drupal. We are not opposed to considering another off-the-shelf CMS solution, as long as it has a robust plug-in library and large development community.
Finally, consultant must be U.S.-based and be:
- U.S.-based (no exceptions)
- Available to join discovery discussions during U.S. business hours (no moonlighters)
- Responsible and dependable
Apply at email@example.com and include your hourly rate.